Ways To Shop
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, is a federal program that provides nutrition benefits to low-income individuals and families that are used to purchase food. The program is administered by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) through its nationwide network of FNS field offices. SNAP/EBT provides nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of families. We accept EBT from any US state.
Double Up Food Bucks
How it works:
- Come to the info booth on the north side of the farmers market by the parking lot.
- Decide how much to spend at the market and present your EBT card to market staff.
- We will swipe your card and give you $1 Wooden EBT Tokens to spend at the market.
- We will also match dollar-for-dollar what you spend in $1 Silver Double Up tokens.
- Use $1 Wooden EBT Tokens at any stand that sells any groceries.
- Use $1 Silver Double Up Tokens at any Arizona grown produce.
- No change can be given, but our vendors will be happy to help you shop.
- You can save your tokens and spend them on other days. They never expire!
- Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market tokens can only be spent at our market.
Farmers Market Nutrition Program - FMNP
The Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market is proud to participate in the Farmers Market Nutrition Program, which provides low-income seniors, new mothers and families with coupons that can be exchanged for fruits, vegetables, and fresh-cut herbs at farmers' markets.
The Arizona Farmers Market Nutrition Program provides $30 worth of farmers market coupons to buy Arizona-grown fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Each coupon booklet contains 6 (six) $5 coupons. You can pick up your coupons at the Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market information booth.
Important 2020 Season Dates:
- Last day to pick up coupons: September 30, 2020
- Last day to spend coupons: November 15, 2020