Health Benefits of Garlic
Egyptians worshiped garlic and placed clay models of garlic bulbs in the tomb of Tutankhamen. A recently discovered Egyptian papyrus dating from 1,500 B.C. recommends garlic as a cure for over 22 common ailments, including lack of stamina, heart disease and tumors.
Today, pre-shelled and processed minced garlic is convenient but fresh garlic used in your foods has some pretty significant health benefits.
10 Proven Health Benefits of Garlic
1. Aids in curing the common cold
2. Reduces blood pressure
3. Lowers bad cholesterol levels
4. Reduces memory-loss
5. Relieves earaches
6. Full of cancer-fighting antioxidants
7. Helps to prevent diabetes
8. Releases antibacterial properties
9. Contains anti-inflammatory properties
10. Encourages weight loss